On 19/01/2015 10:40, Andrea Faulds wrote:
Hi Jordi,

On 19 Jan 2015, at 10:37, Jordi Boggiano <j.boggi...@seld.be> wrote:

On 19/01/2015 08:28, Andrea Faulds wrote:
Good morning,

This is a reboot of Davey Shafik’s RFC (with permission). After recent
discussions about sort functions, I was inspired to bring this back up, as I
think it would be a useful feature.

The RFC is here: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/combined-comparison-operator

I am all for it, but just so we don't end up with yet another
T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM can we please not call this T_SPACESHIP? It sounds fun
now but future generations will hate us.

Rather use T_COMBINED_COMPARISON or such?

It’d be possible. On the other hand, this isn’t just an in-joke: the “spaceship
operator” is a common name for it in other languages, and if you google it you
will actually find information about the operator.

Plus, it’s fun.

Fair enough, it's not as bad, but I thought it should be raised.

Cheers

--
Jordi Boggiano
@seldaek - http://nelm.io/jordi