> On 23 01 2015, at 02:40, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Michael Wallner <m...@php.net> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Now, that I'm mostly done with porting pecl/http [1] and dependencies
>> (propro [2] and raphf [3]) to ZE3 I'd like to restart discussion on the
>> topic, whether it is feasible to add pecl_http as a bundled extension to
>> the core.
>>
>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/pecl_http
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/php/pecl-http-pecl_http/tree/phpng
>> [2] https://github.com/php/pecl-php-propro/tree/phpng
>> [3] https://github.com/php/pecl-php-raphf/tree/phpng
>>
>> For a test run with master, clone into ext/ and `configure --with-http
>> --enable-propro --enable-raphf` after buildconf.
>>
>> Let me know if it doesn't work out of the box for you.
>>
>> I'll have to update the corresponding links in the RFC to the phpng
>> branches and refresh the code coverage reports in the next few days.
>>
>> Reminder!
>>
>> Do not look at php.net/http; API docs are here:
>> http://devel-m6w6.rhcloud.com/mdref/http/
>
> I am still all for it :)
>
> By the way, I did not yet look more deeply to raphf and propro but
> that's something I like to discuss. If their feautures are useful for
> other parts of the core, extensions, bundled or not, we should
> consider moving them to the main APIs and not as two new independent
> extensions.

Well, I’m not the one to tell you that :) If I didn’t find it useful, I
wouldn’t have built it.
Don’t hesitate, if there are questions about what they conceptually are trying
to accomplish.

I think a short discussion about where to put the dependant code and noting the
outcome in the RFC could be the way to go. I guess just a few people who think
that pecl_http is about to be included would suffice.

Best regards,
Mike