From: Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com>
To: PHP Internals <internals@lists.php.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 08:23:19 +0100
Subject: [PHP-DEV] [RFC] Fix "foreach" behavior

Hi,

I'd like to start discussion about fixing inconsistent "foreach" statement
behavior.
The implementation is almost done. It not only fixes inconsistencies in a
defined by RFC way but also improves performance in most usual cases,
because now foreach by value over array doesn't require array duplication.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/php7_foreach

https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1034

I'm going to continue work on implementation improvement and may be fixing
related behavior of some internal functions when they used on array
iterated by foreach by reference (e.g. array_unshift()). However, the
conceptual behavior defined in RFC is not going to be changed anymore.

Thanks. Dmitry.