On 31.01.15 01:09, Marcio Almada wrote:
> After a period of research along with part of the PHP community I'd
> like to present this RFC which aims to improve PHP namespaces.
>
> The RFC: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/group_use_declarations
> Along with its pull request: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1005
>
> Needless to say, I'm open to suggestions that could improve the proposal.

The RFC says:
"Group use statements makes it easier to identify that multiple imported
entities are from the same module."

IMHO that's too subjective. What "is hard" with the current state of
affairs?

Btw, here's a CON you can add to the RFC (and, btw., it doesn't contain
any):
- Prevents searching sources literally for used namespaces

Another observation thing from my side: with proper tooling I almost
can't remember when I wrote the statements by hand; they usually a) get
automatically managed b) thus alphabetically sorted and c) folded away
in general.

What is the real benefit of using groups it and who's the group
benefiting from that change? Maybe you can expand on that in the RFC.

sincerely,
- Markus