On 5 February 2015 at 13:06, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:
>> Since script()/script_once() is almost copy of require()/require_once(),
> it could be
>> INI option.
>>
>> require_embed = On/Off
>
> Almost all users use 'require' only for script today, I guess.
> I should have included this option in RFC. I'll do that now.

I'd be very, very -1 on any new INI setting that changes language
behaviour. We should be getting rid of those, not adding them.

I'm not totally clear on what this RFC is proposing, honestly. Is the
new script statement meant to only include files that are entirely
wrapped in <?php and ?> tags? Are files included that way assumed to
be PHP and don't require <?php and ?> tags? Something else?

My initial reaction isn't positive, honestly — we already have four
statements that include files, and I'm not sure that another variation
is merited. There's only so much we can do to stop users shooting
their feet off: if "don't use untrusted input for file names with
include/require" isn't obvious, that's an education problem, not a
language one.

Adam