Dear Internals,

I have updated the RFC for removing PHP 4 constructors[1]. Notably, I
have pushed off the removal to PHP 8, and instead only deprecate them
in PHP 7. The rationale is that eventual consistency in this matter is
good enough for now, and going slow may help avoid a Python 2 vs 3
type disaster where older libraries aren't updated fast enough.

I intend to put this to vote soon, as we are approaching the March
feature freeze, so please chime in if you have been wanting to voice
your opinion and haven't.

Cheers,

Levi Morrison

  [1] https://wiki.php.net/rfc/remove_php4_constructors