Hi,

> On 9 Feb 2015, at 08:04, Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:
>
> this is more or less true. :(
> The proposal is presented in an unfair way to include strict typing without
> the ability to vote for weak types only.

Oddly, nobody seems to complain that it's unfair if I side with the weak typing
camp, despite that being equally unfair.

> Despite of semantic arguments, the implementation is a bit immature and
> introduces slowdown for any code without type hints.

The implementation could do with improvement, this is true. However I suspect
any slowdown is minor at best, and this could be dealt with in future. The RFC
is more about the language change than the implementation.

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/