Hi!

> Are you sure that "the ini file is created by the package maintainer and
> it includes the “date.timezone” setting" is true? Last time I checked it

I my experience, it is unfortunately not universally true - I've seen
Linux distros with ini files that don't do that. Setting TZ correctly
would require some non-trivial script work, and I'm guessing whoever did
the package did not want to do this work. They could of course just put
UTC there but that didn't happen either.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com