Le lun. 1 sept. 2014 à 20:13, Andrea Faulds <a...@ajf.me> a écrit :

> On 1 Sep 2014, at 17:29, Chris Wright <c...@daverandom.com> wrote:
>
> > It's also worth noting that the "return NULL on zpp failure"
> > convention is not followed to the letter, I have seen places that
> > RETURN_FALSE - I can't remember exactly where I have seen this but I
> > will dig a ref out if anyone wants it.
>
> Good point. This is also, it has to be said, quite rarely documented. I’m
> not sure we even document zip’s behaviour anywhere in the manual, which
> means users don’t know what to expect.
>
> >> To help BC, we could even make it do the old thing if @ is being used
> to silence it.
> >
> > Don't like this
>
> I’m not sure I do either, it’s merely a suggestion if it would help BC,
> but it probably not a good idea, as @ should only suppress errors, not
> change behaviour.
>
> > I'm roughly -0.5 on this proposal overall. I'd like this to be easily
> > handleable in userland, but I don't like E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR (in
> > general, not just here). I'd very much support this if it used
> > exceptions, though.
>
> Perhaps this could be postponed until Nikita Popov can revive his
> Exceptions in the Engine RFC. If that were to pass, I could make an RFC for
> this.
> --
> Andrea Faulds
> http://ajf.me/

I don't have an opinion yet as I have to think a bit more about it.

I have the impression that giving the user to bail out on specific error
levels would be less intrusive as he would be able to opt-in for it. See
the "Pedantic errors (Was: Re: [PHP-DEV] [RFC][VOTE] Improve array to
string conversion)" thread. I would be glad to gather some opinions to see
if it is worth investigating.

Cheers,
Patrick