Hi,

That's not controversial, it seems like a basic feature we should have. As
anonymous classes is a major feature, adding "extends self" and "extends
static" at a later stage would only cause portability issues between
different versions of PHP7. If we are going to have this, better add it now.

+1

Cheers,
Márcio