On Thu, 12 Mar 2015, Thomas Punt wrote:

> Hey PHP Internals,
>
> So there hasn't been much discussion on this RFC, and yet a lot of people have
> voted -1 on it. This is a little disappointing because I'm not entirely sure
> why
> people are against it - and no one seems to want to debate it either.

IMO, because it's not obvious whether it is *all* empty, or *atleast
one* empty. The same argument we had before, when we expanded isset() to
be variadic. We had the same discussion then, resulting on keeping
empty() as it is.

One discussion 11 years ago:
http://marc.info/?l=php-internals&m=109836951711930

I can't find the discussion prior to that though.

cheers,
Derick