Hi,

The Context Sensitive Lexer RFC
<https://wiki.php.net/rfc/context_sensitive_lexer> passed :) and by the
time of the voting phase, we decided to vote for the feature only and later
discuss quality analysis on the implementations aimed to fulfill the RFC.

First, I'd like to thank you all for that decision. I know that's an
exception on the RFC process, and I am glad we choose this path for the
following reasons:

1. Voting different RFCs describing the same feature with slightly
different implementations would cause us to waste many voting cycles (maybe
entire release cycles)  without a guarantee of quality. The main reason to
establish an RFC process is to chase for quality - to follow all the rules
strictly, in this case, would be to contradict our main objective here.

2. Knowing in advance that the feature was already approved is a motivating
factor to go on and try a good number of possible implementations and
propose the best ones, instead of recursively voting until an
implementation pass.

With that said, this is the proposed pull request:

Pull Request: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1221
Diff: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1221/files
RFC: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/context_sensitive_lexer

There is sufficient description of the pull request itself. The ones that
participated in the previous discussions probably won't have trouble to
understand it, but feel free to share any doubts or suggestions here, if
necessary.

Thanks,
Márcio