Hi,

> There is the approved RFC at
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/context_sensitive_lexer which is listed as
> "pending implementation" which should alleviate these BC breaks
> significantly. The linked RFC mentions this one specifically under the
> "Impact On Other RFCs" section.

I'm the author of the cited RFC and there is a clear misconception here and
in other threads: the "context sensitive lexer - CSL" RFC can prevent BC
breaks for classes with members named like `$someClass->string()`, but the
RFC doesn't prevent the BC breaks for class names.

Even if I manage to pass a sequel CSL RFC that aims to allow semi reserved
names for classes we will still have these type names reserved at compile
time. In resume, there is no way to allow classes and types with the same
name until we have case sensitive identifiers.

Márcio