On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>>> It's a worthy goal IMHO. Currently it all is done manually as you know.
>>

>> What! No, I didn't know.
>> I was describing how the process used to be, and I thought it still was.
>
> I think making auto-release is a nice idea, but what about signing? I'm
> surely not leaving my personal private key on any commonly accessible
> server, so how would I sign packages? Except for that, making script
> that would do "make release" or "sh scripts/release" and complete the
> release cycle (including generating & uploading everything) would be
> nice. Right now we have mkdist but it only takes us half-way.

gpg-agent forwarding over ssh?

- Goto https://release.php.net/
- Login with your master credentials (only allows logins for whitelisted users).
- White page suggest you are creating x.y.z+1 release from branch x_y
- If yes; press "MAKE MAGIC"
- If no; write the version number in input field, select branch from combobox
- Press; "I KNOW WHAT IM DOING"

This will trigger generating all files needed, bumping version and
whatever. Tags. Creates archives. All that good stuff.
"5 minutes later" you get email; "release is ready!" with links to the archives

You fetch them, explore the archives, run the tests and you the things
we all know we should do but don't :)
Then:

ssh -R ~username/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent -o "StreamLocalBindUnlink=yes"
release.php.net '/usr/local/bin/confirm x.y.z+1'

It'll sign the git tag (using your forwarded agent), push upstream,
push archives to php-distribution.git

Then. In the next release of the tool:
- The whitepage extracts the NEWS entries and does the html/php
formatting for phpweb
- Gives you checkboxes to choose pick the highlights
- The highlights will be used for the standard phpweb news xml.
- Profit

-Hannes