Hello,

I reported this bug one year ago (https://bugs.php.net/67220) and it is now
closed as "not a bug". I'd like this to be reconsidered.

The documentation of realpath() says:

>  realpath() expands all symbolic links and resolves references to '/./',
> '/../' and extra '/' characters in the input path ***and returns the
> canonicalized absolute pathname***.

the last part of this description is IMO what qualifies this behavior on
MacOSX as a bug.

I'm asking for this now because I spend many hours on Syfony trying to find
an efficient workaround, and this is far from easy. Here is the fastest we
found (it's a mix of scandir()+getcwd()+caching):
https://github.com/symfony/symfony/pull/15443

If realpath were behaving on OSX the same as it does on Windows (and Linux),
I could remove 60 lines of wtf lines.

Do anyone else agree?

Regards,
Nicolas