Sorry, that was all over the place ... was on way out the door ...

What I should have said is that async/await don't directly solve problems,
they are nice calling conventions for async APIs, but the APIs must exist
before we talk about reserving or adding anything else.

The real problem is that there is a lack of nice async API's, this problem
can be solved independently of any syntax, and should be.

Of course, there isn't much of a drive to create such API's internally ...
they might never come ... thankfully projects like icicle, and others, have
us pretty well covered. The fact is that there isn't much to gain by
duplicating that functionality internally, it won't really go remarkably
faster, and there would be far less people able to contribute to their
development.

That's better ...

Cheers
Joe