All,

With PHP 7 comes random_bytes and random_int. This duplicates some of
the logic internally that password_hash uses to generate its salt.

I would like to refactor this to unify generation. I've opened a PR
against master: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1585

I don't feel comfortable pulling against 7 this far into RC status.
Perhaps wait until after it goes gold? Or should this target 7.1? It's
not a big deal in either direction. Though it does add a side-effect,
where if it can't gather enough entropy it will throw an exception and
return failure (where prior it would simply make a "best effort".

Thoughts?

Anthony