> On Jan 8, 2016, at 10:53, Anthony Ferrara <ircmax...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The fact that many in this thread are suggesting that "it didn't happen on
> list, so we shouldn't care" is extremely narrow.

To be clear, my position is not "we shouldn't care". For the record: care all
you like, about whatever you like.

No, my position is: "the project should not be taking inside-project actions
against people based on their outside-project activity."  That's a very
different thing.

I agree that it is narrow. It is intentionally so, to limit the action of this
project to its proper scope.

Now, just because the *project* doesn't do something, does not mean *interested
individuals* cannot do something.  If you personally, or you and a group of
like-minded, want to go after someone for what you consider to be bad behavior
on outside-project channels, be my guest, and you can enjoy the results (good
or bad) for yourselves.

--
Paul M. Jones
pmjone...@gmail.com