I'm reading the 7.0.4 NEWS file[1] and I get the policy of just writing the bug number and headline, but in a lot of cases the bug report headline says nothing about the actual problem, or the actual fix.

For instance:

Fixed bug #71559 (Built-in HTTP server, we can download file in web by bug). (Johannes, Anatol) Fixed bug #71474 (Crash because of VM stack corruption on Magento2). (Dmitry) Fixed bug #71443 (Segfault using built-in webserver with intl using symfony). (Laruence)

Would it not be an idea to write what was fixed, instead of what was broken?

[1] https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/php-7.0.4RC1/NEWS

--
Tom Sommer