On 4/11/2016 7:12 PM, Fleshgrinder wrote:
> Support for mutable public properties is a different story but allowing
> them would destroy the encapsulation and I am against it without anyone
> bringing some good arguments that convince me.

This of course would be different with the RFC you mentioned because
then they are not simply public mutable properties anymore but a real
method will be called that allows hooks. I wrote the above under the
assumption of:

    interface Example {

        final public DateTimeImmutable var $created;

    }

Where you end up not being able to hook into assignments and I am
against the introduction of such a feature. ;)

--
Richard "Fleshgrinder" Fussenegger