On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The point is even imperfect detection may be useful in certain
> circumstances, and detector being part of ICU hints that people find it
> useful enough to spend time implementing and supporting it. We should
> not ignore that.

Well, Stas, your informal thumbs up to the idea means enough to me to
at least formalize it into an RFC even though I was previously feeling
negative on it.

I may yet vote no on my own RFC after the discussion period, but as
you say it's worth considering the fact that someone thought it
reasonable enough to actually build into ICU...

-Sara