On 25/04/16 09:42, Dmitry Stogov wrote:
> I know, any syntax is going to be loved by ones and hated by others...
> It's not possible to satisfy everyone.

If one takes a step back, current well used annotation IS provided but
not cleanly documented in the docbloc material that is a major element
of legacy code. There is clearly a case for improving the usage of this
style of working, and adding 'attributes' to the rest of the rest of
this annotation seems to me to be the best way forward for a STOCK PHP
install. Every current IDE I've seen will correctly display docbloc
annotation and has the option to disable tags in that code if required.

I'm looking at the <?hh examples in hack and thinking that this is an
example of where an 'hack compatibility' extension to PHP may have a
place, but adoption some hack rules such as <<>> then imples that <?
code should work the same as <?hh code. That does not seem the right way
forward for users who have no intention to use hack and have no access
to it on their hosting? More important, and subtle differences will
cause even more problems? So can we not maintain a more flexible roadmap
that cherry picking other languages directly?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL