On 29/04/16 13:49, Benjamin Eberlei wrote:
> Lester, nobody wants to move phpdoc out of the *doc* comment. Its still
> documentation. It will stay,.
>
> We want to move the "annotations" out of the docblocks that are evaluated
> at runtime for configuration. Thats two different things. That is what the
> attributes RFC is for.

But where will annotations like @range(0,110) fit in the new model?
Along with the likes of '@notnull' and similar annotations that are also
currently being planned to be spread around the rest of the code? If a
variable is defined via the metadata as 'not null', then assigning null
to it is an error, but I'm not convinced that people accept attributes
like that in the current roadmap for PHP. It's fundamental to the
original model where an 'object' was essentially simply an array of
variables each with it's own set of attributes. Adding 'set and get'
messes up the annotation model while still requiring the BC cases, but
these 'magic' new functions do not understand the legacy attribute
metadata? phpDocumentor2 now enforces the setter/getter model but
without the flexibility to add the data validation
attributes/annotation, and simply adding a type tag elsewhere only
muddies the water further where we HAD a tidy way to handle a lot of
what currently is being claimed is missing. I never was missing ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL