On 29/04/16 20:58, Sara Golemon wrote:
> This is one of my favorites out of HackLang.  It's pure syntactic
> sugar, but it goes a long way towards improving readability.
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/pipe-operator

I can see the attraction, but question it's usability in real time code.
It assumes everything has a single linear flow? Once one has branches
handing different results from the various stages it's usability looks
questionable. While one may well be able to break things down with
exceptions handling all of the invalid returns, if one needs to 'break
the flow' to put in an alternate path then what is supposedly a simple
sequence of steps becomes difficult to rework to allow for the change?
Exceptions should be reserved for out of the ordinary events, not
changes in work flow because different paths are equally valid?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL