On 01/05/16 15:39, Dan Ackroyd wrote:
> Marco wrote:
>> > Relevant: https://youtu.be/UvD1VjRvGIk
> I could imagine how having inline branches could be a useful thing for
> functional programming, for various scenarios, including being able to
> 'inline' error handling, to be nearer the source of errors. However
> this RFC does not propose that.

A little off topic, but in line with the debate in general on performance.

The interesting bit relating to error handling was the 'lack of
strings'. But the idea of just building a longer and longer list of
error codes and then having to manage translations as well. One of the
major advantages of adding a database to the production system is that
lists like this can be generically managed, and selecting a translated
version is simply a matter of a flag on the database. But code wise
inside PHP much of what is essentially text can be managed as simple
integer values. Add the same message process to the good paths as well
and a lot of string activity can be relegated to the display rendering
stage.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------Marco wrote:Marco wrote:Marco wrote:Marco