This would be great if everyone just wanted to state their stance and be done
with it. It reminds me of the election pamphlets that my state sends out to
inform voters of what the upcoming ballet measures are and what various folks’
for/against arguments are. But those arguments are collected in advance and
there is only a single edition printed, so there are no direct responses. I’m
not sure how well this format would work with the back-and-forth that usually
happens in RFC discussions.

Will folks need to summarize (and respond to) all the arguments they want to
address in their addition, and keep updating it as new arguments come in to
which they want to respond? Will they be able to link to others’ comments and
respond to them that way? And if they can link, what will stop these sections
from becoming piles of spaghetti? Would folks wait until near the end of the
discussion period to make their additions to avoid repeat visits, and how would
that affect the discussion?

-Bob