Hi Jakub,

> On Jun 28, 2016, at 12:28 PM, Jakub Zelenka <bu...@php.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>>

> Just noticed the openssl case in X509_digest and it's obviously oversight
> by whoever added that bit because it should be warning as it's for all
> other similar fails. I'm going to change it to warning to make it
> consistent.

I noticed most others were warnings in openssl, but I did not want to make
assumptions about what level an error should be. If an error was E_ERROR, I
assumed there was a reason it was fatal. If you change it to a warning I'll be
sure not to overwrite this when merging the patch.

> In general I agree with the idea but the patch should be a bit more
> sensible and considers consistency with other errors in the extension. It
> should be also reviewed by all active maintainers or regular contributors
> to the changed extensions before it gets merged so it might be a bit late
> for 7.1

I agree, either the maintainers or someone very familiar with each extension
should examine the changes before merging. Note that this patch is only meant
to allow catching and handling of otherwise fatal errors, not to modify overall
error handling in each extension. I would rather individual extension
maintainers make decisions on error levels.

Thanks!

Aaron Piotrowski