Hi Leigh,

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Leigh <lei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 July 2016 at 22:30, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:
>> php_session_create_id() may return NULL. It's an usual error. Session
>> module supports session ID creation save handler which may return
>> anything valid for the type.
>>
>> Session module tries to call php_session_create_id() several
>> places/times. If it could not get valid one, it raises
>> E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR or E_ERROR eventually.
>>
>> Although it's not enabled yet, PHP_FUNCTION(session_create_id) returns
>> FALSE it fails.
>
> If it fails due to a lack of random, it throws a fatal. Tested your PR
> and forced the fd of /dev/urandom to -1 in ext/standard/random.c
>
> $ sapi/cli/php -n -r 'session_start();'
>
> Next Exception: Cannot open source device in Command line code:1
> Stack trace:
> #0 Command line code(1): session_start()
> #1 {main}
>   thrown in Command line code on line 1
>
> Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to create session ID: files
> (path: ) in Command line code on line 1

session_start() will result in E_ERROR or E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR
currently. I've tried to change E_ERROR to E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR before,
but it was reverted because someone objected.

session_create_id() which is disabled by #define returns FALSE now. I
need RFC vote to enable session_create_id(). It was added as FR
implementation, but it is disabled for the same reason above.

There are many places need cleanup.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki