Hi Niklas and Davey,

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Niklas Keller <m...@kelunik.com> wrote:

>> Hi Darvey,

>> > Feature freeze has been beta1. If the RM says it's too late, we don't
>> > need a
>> > vote. It's too late.
>>
>> Niklas is right. I might be too late for 7.1.
>>
>> Darvey. Although diff is large, changes are simple and straightforward
>> additions (no changes in existing functionalities at all) to make
>> filter module work right with secure coding. It's more like bug fix to
>> me, just like URL rewriter fix.
>

> This is clearly a new feature and not a bug fix.

It's new feature indeed.
Even if use of current filter module for secure coding is misuse, I
recently realized that there are some users who are trying to do. It's
partly because PHP is providing APIs that seems to work with secure
coding, but it is lacking proper APIs infact. Lack of proper API is
almost the same as bug to me especially when there are users misusing
them.

Anyway, this kind of changes wouldn't go into released versions.
Davey, it's your call if this RFC will have target version choice or
not.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki