On 20/08/16 08:30, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
> The input validation we are discussing is "Input/output rules between
> client and server". It decides what's valid/invalid.

I think I'm getting two things confused and am mixing your array
filtering RFC up with this one. There is so much speculative stuff being
discussed rather than trying to nail down key elements?

I am looking at the whole process, so I have client side validation with
is built from a set of rules added to the smarty templates. This still
has a couple of gaps where manual creation of javascript is still
needed, but that relates more to getting the validation working with
botstrap3. This gives me a clean set of post data, and if one could
ignore the morons then working with the $_POST array would be a doddle,
but because we live in the real world, it's the BUILDING of the $_POST
array when one can't trust the provider that we want to filter, and in
an ideal world the rules would be used for each variable as they are
added to the array, rather than post creating the array. One could
almost envisage a check that the post data packed IS too big for the set
of variables being returned and crash out, but simply throwing away
suspect data as each variable is built and having the logic to simply
create an exception on the first failure, only pass those fields that
are valid ensures the $_POST array matches the clients data array.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL