On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2016, Davey Shafik wrote:
>
> > b) a huge BC break (stuff that currently throws a warning in
> > strict_types mode will now throw an exception, similar BC break as
> > we're implementing for userland functions regardless of strict_types)
>
> IMO, that's not acceptable at all between 7.0 and 7.1

So… option C?

Bear in mind, this _only_ affects people who have turned on strict_types,
and makes it consistent across the language. If we had implemented type
hints internally it would also have errored out in 7.0, but would be a
TypeError (which ArgumentCountError extends and therefore it's BC).

(FYI, we both voted against this RFC, and I'm not happy about it but trying
to at least make it not as bad :P)

- Davey