hi Leigh,

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 11:58 PM, Leigh <lei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> It is my intention to create a new PECL package for ext/mcrypt, so
> that it can be removed from master as per the RFC
> (https://wiki.php.net/rfc/mcrypt-viking-funeral)
>
> I do not expect there to be any updates to the extension after it has
> been migrated, however we voted to move it there.
>
> Any objections/comments? If not I'll apply for my PECL account in the
> next few days.

I am not sure to follow.

We rejected to move it out of the core for 7.0. This RFC is about
deprecation for 7.1.

As much as I want to kill this beast as soon as possible, I do not
think we can kill it in 7.x but 8.x. It is also why I was pushing so
hard to kill it in 7.0, knowing that this will be tried again and
sadly for 7.x.

Cheers,
Pierre