Hi Adam,

On 19/10/2016 00:05, Adam Baratz wrote:
> I've created an RFC to change how types are defined in PDO:
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/driver-specific-pdo-param-types
>
> Please share your feedback. I'm happy to hear thoughts about the pdo_dblib
> example, but the RFC is more about the possibility of driver-specific types
> than these particular ones.

I've had a cursory look. Looks good to me and it doesn't impact the
other drivers.

One little nitpick is that technically the PDO_PARAM_INPUT_OUTPUT flags
is now in the PDO_PARAM_DRIVER_SPECIFIC range and you add custom flags
that one day might overlap with newly added generic ones.

So maybe we need two driver specific ranges, e.g.

PDO_PARAM_DRIVER_SPECIFIC = 1000,

/* magic flag to denote a parameter as being input/output */
PDO_PARAM_INPUT_OUTPUT = 0x00010000

/* this defines the start of the range for driver specific flags */
PDO_PARAM_DRIVER_SPECIFIC_FLAG = 0x01000000

Since you're changing the API number, it shouldn't be a problem to
modify PDO_PARAM_INPUT_OUTPUT, and this should leave plenty of room for
new generic flags and both driver specific params and flags.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/