On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 6:19 PM, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:

> Hi Scott and all,
>
> On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 5:44 AM, Scott Arciszewski <sc...@paragonie.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've opened the vote for the libsodium RFC.
>>
>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/libsodium
>>
>> See https://externals.io/thread/626 for the previous discussion topics.
>>
>> The vote closes at 21:00 UTC (4 PM Eastern Time) next Friday.
>>

> I voted for "No, sodium_foo" syntax in order to be consistent with
> existing procedural APIs.
> 2/3 majority wouldn't fit nicely. What it would be if vote result is  51%
> vs 49%?
> More than half is good enough for 2nd vote choice. IMO.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Yasuo Ohgaki
> yohg...@ohgaki.net

I like \Sodium\foo instead of sodium_foo, but it deviates from the norm.​
​ If we're going to break the norm, we should do so on a stronger majority
than 50%+1.

Also, I thought the rules changed so *_everything_* needed 2/3 now?​
​

Scott Arciszewski
Chief Development Officer
Paragon Initiative Enterprises <https://paragonie.com/>