Am 02.03.17 um 16:46 schrieb Crocodile:
> While I agree with everything you're saying, I also think it could still be
> worth it to have those constants in core for the following reasons:
>
> 1. MINUTE, HOUR and DAY are particularly often used, 99.999% of the time in
> a context where it does not matter if a minute has 60 seconds or not, or if
> a day has 24h or not. Particularly often used to specify cache lifetime,
> for example.
IMO they then should be part of the caching (or whatever)-implementation
and not of DateTime. As *when* they are part of DateTime they will be
used in a DateTime-context *where they shouldn't be used*!

> 2. It's surely easy to implement them in userland but that would require
> either global constants or a class in userland specifically for that
> purpose. Both ways are easy, but these constants I see in virtually any
> project, so for me it would be handy to have them in DateTime.

When you need them use a Constant-Class or create a composer package
that contains your constants and require that.

https://3v4l.org/5MW7O

That's much more extensible than having them in the core and needing to
maintain them for everyone…

But as I said: just my 0.02€

Cheers

Andreas