On 4/1/2017 1:03 PM, Anatol Belski wrote:
> " A Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) is a compact sequence of
> characters that identifies an abstract or physical resource" they
> say. Fits perfectly with PHP streams.

The problem I was referring to is not semantically. The problem is that
the code cannot easily distinguish between local and remote files. Of
course there are functions for it again, but this would be better
expressed as part of the type system. I know that this is kind of alien
to the primitive obsessive world of PHP, but proper type systems can
help a lot to make code simpler.

That being said, it's totally off topic here. :P

On 4/1/2017 1:03 PM, Anatol Belski wrote:
> Yeah, though that draft still ignores many Windows variants ☹
>
> We went anyway a bit too deep in this complex matter. Probably a
> separate function is where the opinions could be joined.
>
> Thanks
>
> Anatol

Agree, this is my last response on this here. :)

--
Richard "Fleshgrinder" Fussenegger