Ah, I understood it in wrong direction then. For the minor pre cycle, probably
some release could be omitted, if there's no activity, like we currently do
with a security branch. AFAIR there was no case like that with 7.0, but that's
also clear why as it was a major change. Probably would be good to hear more
impressions from RMs about how it went with other branches. The timeline is
anyway just a planning, it could be good that some beta could replace the
planned RC, if there are some issues. Depending on impressions others have,
probably the process could be indeed slackened a bit, needing an RFC and
extension to the release process doc. Maybe it could be enough to have a
release monthly, or more frequent if some urgent fixes are to be tested, with
the distance of two weeks as minimum.

Not the last factor here is, I can tell, is also that the new RMs have more
practice on the actual release process. There are several nuances that are
better to be practiced before it comes to GA.

Regards

Anatol