Hi,

On 29.04.17 17:53, Sara Golemon wrote:
1. If the parameter isn't reflectable, then it shouldn't be subject to
enforcement.
This argument holds no water because internal functions can only
reflect array or object type hints, yet we enforce other types
routinely.

I selected unfortunate words and wanted to mention reflection as an example (in retrospect a bad and confusing one), but would I really meant was the "user readable / visible" contract of the function definition, as in: "you look at it and know what to expect what it accepts".

I've read through the thread and see your arguments but, to me, the fact that this is "nested hidden" in the data structure passed to the function still doesn't want me to have this dependent on the strict types. I feel that strict types is misused here.

regards,
- Markus