Hi,

Recently, I committed HYBRID VM into master, but didn't enable it by default
yet.

It provides significant performance improvement on small benchmarks (1.5 times
faster on bench.php) and slight improvement on real-life apps (1-2% on
wordpress). Currently it improves PHP only on x86, x86_64 and PPC compiled with
GCC.

Now, after additional testing, I like to make HYBRID VM the default VM for
PHP-7.2 and above.

I would glad to do this without RFC, because it's a self containing change that
doesn't affect anything except the VM itself.

It may only break some "system" PHP extensions (debuggers, profilers), that
relay on CALL VM implementation.

phpdbg and xdebug are not affected and work out of the box.

Anyone may regenerate and test it.

php zend_vm_gen.php --with-vm-kind=HYBRID

make

Thanks. Dmitry.