Am 22.06.17 um 12:08 schrieb Niklas Keller:
> Hey,
>
> can we please deprecate DateTime::ISO8601 / DATE_ISO8601 so we can change
> them to the proper format in a later version? It's really ridiculous.
>
> Regards, Niklas

IMHO deprecating means we remove something, which we do not want to do
(Or do we?).

I'd rather see a BC-break in PHP NEXT and change it then to the propper
format…

We might now introduce a new Constant that maps the current constant so
that people can still use the format later… That also allows a
codebase-wide search-and-replace of DateTime::ISO8601 to that new
constant so the functionality can be kept as-is without much hassle.

Just my 0.02 €

Cheers

Andreas
--