Hi Scott,

On 03/11/2017 16:33, Scott Arciszewski wrote:
> 1. Which DB drivers (and which versions) support 1RT prepared statements in
> addition to 2RT prepared statements?
> 2. Is there a better name for this usage than safeQuery()?
>
> If this turns out to be a good idea, I'll write up an RFC targeting PHP 7.3.

I've added a similar feature to pdo_pgsql a while ago
(PDO::PGSQL_ATTR_DISABLE_PREPARES), which is not enabled by default.

It is basically somwthing in between real prepared statements (which is
the default on pdo_pgsql) and emulated prepares, and it uses libpq's own
PQexecParams function.

At that time I had checked if libmysqlclient offered a similar function,
but it didn't seem like it, so I went for the pgsql-only constant.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/