Hi!

> Yes, Dart has a different understanding of const, which is exactly why I
> posted it for you guys. In the hope that it helps to get more different
> views on the topic. Currently you are too concentrated on how it is
> implemented in PHP at this time, and argue that it is impossible to
> diverge from that path. Which is simply not true, we only have to ensure
> backwards compatibility.

I am not arguing it's impossible, I am arguing it is not a good idea. We
have the concept of constants in this language, and bolting on it a
completely different concept from different language, which by
coincidence was named with the same term, would only be a source of
confusion. If we wanted immutable objects in language - which I am not
convinced at all we do, but assuming for a minute we did - there's no
reason to conflate them with constants as we have them now. These are
different things.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com