"Michael Morris" wrote in message news:CAEUnE0e67q2HMX8bmFjy5Mx8GMfxD=dnbswf9csuyntyn8x...@mail.gmail.com...

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 5:37 AM, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

Not being able to vote, many of us have no option to complain about the
way things are going. Currently there seems to be several styles of PHP
form the nice and simple untyped version I moved to from very strictly
typed hard compiled code I'd been using up until then, through to
current code which is reliant on third party things like PSR and
Composer and expects only strictly typed PHP.

This is born of the fact that while ignoring datatype makes learning PHP
easier, it makes using it harder - especially when testing.

I strongly disagree. I have been using PHP since 2001 and I have never used type hinting in any form whasoever. Does it make testing more difficult? No, it does not.

<snip>

--
Tony Marston