On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Albert Casademont <
albertcasadem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Don’t you think the biggest performance upgrade that PHP could bring is a
> real application server that could keep the app bootsrapped between
> requests, much like php-pm/reactphp/aerys are trying to do?
>
> Best,
>
> Albert

There's enough userland doing that right now, and it already proves to be
LUDICROUSLY FAST, so having it in core is probably not necessary right now.

I'd rather say that the community is not yet ready for that anyway, as we
lack widespread tooling to properly verify and isolate memory leaks in
userland, and many libraries still heavily rely on statics for things that
shouldn't be static (yikes!).

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/