Hi!

> It's always been bizarre to me that @ can silence fatal errors, which
> has no practical application and makes using @ to silence a lower-level
> error potentially hszardous if its targeted function can also produce a
> fatal error.

Yes, silencing something that kills the script is probably not a very
great idea. It can have some BC effects if this is a part of larger
environments where outgoing messages are tracked, but I think it's a
worthy price to pay for making it more sensible.

This won't fix WSOD problem by itself, but probably will make WSODs a
little less annoying to debug. Which is a win in my book.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com