On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 at 17:25, Girgias <george.bany...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand the rationale for functional programming, may I ask
> in your opinion should PHP have built-in functions for arithmetic
> operations so that it can be used in such a way without needing userland
> implementations?

There was a proposal a while ago (Sara Golemon maybe? Or Andrea Faulds?
Seems like the kind of thing either of them might work on...) to add a
syntax for using any operator as a callable. I don't think it got beyond a
thought experiment, but it's an interesting concept, and would
theoretically remove the need for some of this duplicate functionality.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]