Afternoon Zeev,

I'm going to use unambiguous and direct language to make sure my intentions
and concerns are communicated clearly, you can either receive this as a
personal attack, or as a contributor being direct, I would prefer the
latter.

Let us be clear about the things you are doing:

You pushed FFI into php-src on a simple majority, it had one user, was
incomplete (with leaks), and had zero justification for being included in
php-src - it didn't require any internal API's and can function just fine
as a PECL extension, still you pushed through with the RFC and it was
accepted on a simple majority.

You are now trying to push JIT into php-src on the same slim, clearly
unacceptable majority, and even if you change the majority requirements,
what's worse is you want to include it in a minor version. Once again, this
is an incomplete feature, failing to support the architectures we support
and declaring them unimportant. You are pushing PHP towards a future where
there is effectively a single contributor, possibly two, able to make
changes to Zend+Opcache; You are changing core parts of PHP too fast and
making other contributors, including the maintainers of external tooling
which the ecosystem requires to function, uncomfortable.

I really don't think you have bad intentions, but think our processes are
allowing us to make questionable decisions for the whole project, and this
I intend to resolve, regardless of your next actions, before any more
questionable decisions can be taken.

Cheers
Joe