On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 10:29 PM Benjamin Eberlei <kont...@beberlei.de>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 10:44 AM Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Internals,
>>

>> I'm glad to finally propose including JIT into PHP.
>>

>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/jit
>>

>> In the current state it may be included both into PHP-8, where we are
>> going to continue active improvement, and into PHP-7.4, as an experimental
>> feature.
>>

> Can you give some information on if there are pre-conditions that must
> hold for a function to be jitted, or quit conditions that force the JIT to
> be reverted for a function? In addition, it would be helpful for testing if
> there was a way to find out if a function was jitted, maybe through
> ReflectionMethod/Function or opcache_get_status() ?

And as a follow up, the JIT seems to affect zend_execute_ex and
zend_execute_internal based profiling (tested with tideways_xhprof) in a
way that all Jitted functions are not called through those two hooks
anymore, and don't appear in profiling data anymore. Is that a correct
description? The number of parent=>child call entries drops from 88 to 12
in my sample code when jit is activated.

Is that a desired side-effect?