Hello,

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019, 16:52 Christoph M. Becker <cmbecke...@gmx.de wrote:

> >> Sorry. I made many poor decisions around how I managed that entire
> event.
> >> It’s my own personal Fyre Festival. :-(
> >>
> >> I’m happy to help in any way I can to get these ready to merge into
> >> php-src. Let me know how I can help.
> >
> > anyone with access to the php-src git repo should be able to merge them
> > pretty easily; it's a matter of running:
> >
> > curl -s '
> >
> https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src/pulls?page=1&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+review%3Aapproved'|grep
> <https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src/pulls?page=1&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+review%3Aapproved'%7Cgrep>
> > -Po '(?<=<div id="issue_)[0-9]*'|while read id
> > do
> >    curl
> >
> https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src/pull/$id.patch|git
> > am
> > done
> >
> > and increase the page-number in the first URL to includes pages 2 & 3 as
> > well. Run this in your checkout (possibly on a branch) and push that to
> > github
>
> It seems to me that the tests should be reviewed (again).  The first one
> I've seen[1], should be removed, since it tests general ZPP behavior,
> and we're in the process to remove such tests generally[2].
>
> [1]
> <
> https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src/pull/155/files#diff-33e85609b0c12ee2d4b1c5f6190fdfa4
> >
> [2] <https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/3783>
>
> --
> Christoph M. Becker

Hello, thanks for the info. Yes, the suggested script might seem like this
can be done in a simple way. However, I have no idea in what state the pull
requests at the forked repository are so I suggest we start opening
separate pull requests one by one to target PHP 7.4 branch. So overall,
~139 pull requests. With 1-5 per day, we can have this fixed in a month to
several months or so. If more people can help opening pull requests, so
much faster this can be done.

Fetching remote branch from another fork is quite easy:
git checkout -b patch-1 upstream/PHP-7.4
wget https://github.com/phpcommunity/phptestfest-php-src/pull/1.patch
git am -3 1.patch
# recheck commits, rebase, fix conflicts etc
git push origin patch-1
# Open pull request to recheck and merge into PHP-7.4 and master.

Example:
https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/3802

--
Peter Kokot