Hi Dmitry,

I thought about it as well. The reason for the additional dereference levels is
probably ,that every globals structure has its own size. That way, it needs to
go on the heap. What we indeed could do were handling some specific known
structures a different way. It'd be like EG and others, that belong to the very
core and are always available. Other globals, especially from extensions that
can be built shared, would be probably still handled the old way. Maybe it
would be a good start to speedup the very core as first. I'd wonder which
particular data structures and mechanism you had in mind.

> This is not an RFC and I'm not sure, if I like to implement TSRM changes
> myself now.

Certainly not an RFC. I'm short of time as well, perhaps it will change in a
couple of months.

Thanks

Anatol